Although October is in full effect, you would never know it with this unseasonably warm weather we’ve had in Dayton. However, the cool, crisp fall air has made an appearance this week and given how late it is in the year – it’s probably here to stay. While this probably means a healthy dose of drizzly rain, gusty winds and trees losing those beautiful leaves to accompany those falling temperatures, it’s not all bad. After all, fall fashion is my favorite and I am looking forward to rocking things like the 5 pieces for fall that I am sharing today until the winter blows in! They are versatile, comfy and most are under $35! I will definitely work these items into multiple outfits during this fall season! [bctt tweet=”Check out 5 must have pieces for fall from @styleinshape” username=”styleinshape”]
- I love a nice long sleeve tee, especially when it has some personality — a choker neck, cross back or bell sleeves are some personal favorites. My current go to is this ribbed tee from Who What Wear. I cannot stop wearing this top – the material is so soft and flows naturally, and the ruffle on the sleeves keeps it fun!
- A pair of colored skinnies to mix in with neutral basics is perfect addition to your wardrobe this season. I recommend picking up a pair in a fun fall shade like olive, wine or navy. I grabbed a pair of mid-rise rockstar jeans in pine a few weeks ago. They are so comfortable that I forget they are technically jeans! (Under $25 with code HURRY)
- The perfect flannel is an essential to any Midwest fall wardrobe. I have had issues with the cut of flannels being too short, too tight across the chest, or too boxy. Not the case with the classic flannels at Old Navy right now! They fit perfectly — just how I always imagined a flannel should fit. Do you ever find something that fits so well that you just have to get it in multiple colors? I am wearing it in red buffalo here, but I am going to upgrade my others soon — black buffalo and tartan here I come! (I’m wearing an XS for frame of reference)
- A pair of distressed denim is another must for any fall closet since it’s not so cold that bare skin is out of the question. You already know how much I love these 7 For All Mankind skinny jeans since I talked about them in my last two posts so I will just briefly remind you two things: (1) these jeans are amazing, and (2) please remember to check Nordstrom Rack and Off 5th before you purchase your next pair of jeans!
- A comfortable pair of flat booties is a must for any Mom or gal on the go. I usually buy all of my flats a half size larger and made no exception when I bought these laser cut out booties. However, these seemed to run a little big so I exchanged for my regular size and haven’t looked back! They were snug initially, but have become my go-to boot now that they are broken in. I wore them all weekend! They are so easy to slide on and off, but stay put when playing with the kids!