Although October is in full effect, you would never know it with this unseasonably warm weather we’ve had in Dayton. However, the cool, crisp fall air has made an appearance this week and given how late it is in the year – it’s probably here to stay. While this probably means a healthy dose of drizzly rain, gusty winds and trees losing those beautiful leaves to accompany those falling temperatures, it’s not all bad. After all, fall fashion is my favorite and I am looking forward to rocking things like the 5 pieces for fall that I am sharing today until the winter blows in! They are versatile, comfy and most are under $35! I will definitely work these items into multiple outfits during this fall season!
- I love a nice long sleeve tee, especially when it has some personality — a choker neck, cross back or bell sleeves are some personal favorites. My current go to is this ribbed tee from Who What Wear. I cannot stop wearing this top – the material is so soft and flows naturally, and the ruffle on the sleeves keeps it fun!
- A pair of colored skinnies to mix in with neutral basics is perfect addition to your wardrobe this season. I recommend picking up a pair in a fun fall shade like olive, wine or navy. I grabbed a pair of mid-rise rockstar jeans in pine a few weeks ago. They are so comfortable that I forget they are technically jeans! (Under $25 with code HURRY)
- The perfect flannel is an essential to any Midwest fall wardrobe. I have had issues with the cut of flannels being too short, too tight across the chest, or too boxy. Not the case with the classic flannels at Old Navy right now! They fit perfectly — just how I always imagined a flannel should fit. Do you ever find something that fits so well that you just have to get it in multiple colors? I am wearing it in red buffalo here, but I am going to upgrade my others soon — black buffalo and tartan here I come! (I’m wearing an XS for frame of reference)
- A pair of distressed denim is another must for any fall closet since it’s not so cold that bare skin is out of the question. You already know how much I love these 7 For All Mankind skinny jeans since I talked about them in my last two posts so I will just briefly remind you two things: (1) these jeans are amazing, and (2) please remember to check Nordstrom Rack and Off 5th before you purchase your next pair of jeans!
- A comfortable pair of flat booties is a must for any Mom or gal on the go. I usually buy all of my flats a half size larger and made no exception when I bought these laser cut out booties. However, these seemed to run a little big so I exchanged for my regular size and haven’t looked back! They were snug initially, but have become my go-to boot now that they are broken in. I wore them all weekend! They are so easy to slide on and off, but stay put when playing with the kids!
Happy weekend gals! I love fall, and the weather in October is the best in the midwest. This weekend we are in Michigan visiting family – we are going to a Halloween Party and have also booked seats for a fall train ride. Everyone can agree that a basic fall uniform is sweater + jeans + boots, right? These classic outfit pieces always create a wining style- especially during the cooler months. Outfit on repeat. Today I want to share how to elevate the style of the basic fall uniform for under $150 with modern pieces, including designer jeans! My sweater […]
A current trend that I am loving this fall are the bell sleeves! They can add so much sass to the most basic top. Today I am sharing a fall date night look with bell sleeves- a fun twist on a classic look! Make the classic white top + denim show some sass with bell sleeves and distressed denim. Such an easy outfit that is effortless stylish! My bell sleeve top is from the A New Day line exclusively found at Target. Have you checked out the new clothing line? This is my first piece! It has good structure with nice […]
Guess what? About mid-week the temps dropped to feeling like fall here in Dayton! Yes! Break out the sweaters! At least for a day because it’s warming up again this weekend! But first, let me show you a simple way to layer up a cold shoulder top. When the temps cooled off to below 70 this week I decided to layer up the cold shoulder button up that I was planning to wear to work that day. A knit vest is a perfect layering piece for this! Added warmth of the knit material but still showing off the shoulders a […]
It was another warm weekend here in Dayton! Fall fashion is my favorite but in these hot humid autumn days no one is thinking about cute sweaters and jackets. Keep reading to for a few of my style tips on how to dress for these warm fall days! It is still warm.. and humid. We turned our air back on this weekend. As much as I’m itching to wear some fall coats and sweaters I will take the around 80 days for as long as I can! It makes fall fashion a little trickier but totally doable with a few […]
Wife. Mom. Boss. A new favorite shirt for a Sunday Funday with the fam in my home city. Enjoyed our little afternoon watching trains, sipping cava and eating tacos in the Cleveland Flats. I like to think part of it is due to my new perspective on conquering it all. Continue reading to learn more! Adam travels quite a bit for work but he was fortunate enough to slow (okay pretty much halt) work travel for most of this year since Lil Miss was born. Last month that travel lull came to an end and I had my first rodeo […]
The JoyLab line from Target launched on Sunday. Have you checked it out? I have not popped over to my local store to see what they have but I have eyed some of the pieces online. Today I am sharing eight of my favorites from Target’s new activewear line! Keep reading to see my picks! #1 The Long Sleeve Wrap Shirt Joylab’s cute wrap around tee was the item I was most excited to purchase from the new JoyLab line- apparently I am not alone because there are already limited sizes available in the three color options (blush, deep olive […]
I was not sure I would get to wear this dress again this fall but babes- it is still reaching in the 80’s here (and all week too!) I really can not believe this weather we are having! By adding rich textures and fall staples I can take a spring floral dress into fall. Which is clutch in this weather! I purchased this dress on clearance at Kohl’s online over the summer for $10 to put back for fall. I thought even though it is a spring floral dress that the sleeves and rich hues it could still be pulled […]
I can not believe it is the last week of September and it is still in the upper 80’s and humid in Dayton! The high temps are to be here for a few more days and I am sure it is the last of the warm weather till 2018. The nice part to the weather still being so warm is being able to wear those colder season pieces that are sometimes like WTF, when am I supposed to wear this? The answer is right now, when it is humid and 88 but at the end of September when we are […]
Happy first day of Fall friends! I spotted this shift dress on the clearance rack at Kohl’s and had to grab it! The material is so soft, it is almost flannel like. It has cute tie detail on the sleeves too. This chambray shift dress is the exact dress and unfortunately the windowpane print is out of stock. Possibly available on the clearance rack in the junior section of your local store. I saw today that Loft has a windowpane chocker dress that is soo cute. Look at those belle sleeves! Which belle sleeves are a MAJOR trend this season! I […]